Dr Song 50% Lactic Acid Face Peel Review


 Hello Everyone-
Today I would like to tell you about a product I received free in exchange for a review.
It is  Dr Song 50% Lactic Acid Face Peel. *Now as always the opinions expressed here are my own and always will be.*

 This is what the company has to say about it:
 Dr Song Medical is a medical cosmetic laboratory that originally manufactured natural based products for professionals, doctors, and medical facilities. Dr Song Medical products are made in the USA and is FDA compliant and a provider of professional products that focus on natural ingredients.

50% Lactic Acid Face Peel

"Chemical peels were once reserved exclusively for the doctor's office, a place that can sometimes be scary -- and expensive. Today, chemical peels have evolved to include take-home peels and kits, allowing you to reap their benefits in the privacy of your own home, while relaxing in your favorite bathrobe.
Lactic acid peels are just one type of chemical peel, but they are preferred by many -- again, because of lactic acid's reputation as a gentler alpha hydroxy acid. You can use peels to improve wrinkles, some types of acne and discolorations on your skin." [WebMD]


This is my take on the product:
I have never done a facial peel before and was very nervous to try it. I followed the directions exactly as instructed in an email to me. First you do a patch test, if no irritation occurs then you can go ahead but do so carefully because face peels can burn! I applied it as instructed for only one minute the first time you try it. Then you rinse off thoroughly with cool/warm water. It does feel tingly when its on your face. I expected my face to be redder after, but luckily that did not occur. If you expose your skin to the sun you MUST apply sunscreen because your skin will be super sensitive to exposure. 
 I might try it just a little longer next time but not much. I will probably wait about 2 weeks before I do it again. I did notice my pores looked smaller and my skin looked a bit smoother. I did follow up with a very gentle  moisturizer after. I really liked this and would recommend it to people who don't have overly sensitive skin. I will continue to use it.



Can be found for purchase here-

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Freebies 6-26-10 & 6-27-10

Wednesday Freebies 6-30-10